Monday, July 27, 2009

Birthdays and Blueberries





My beautiful little daughter's third birthday is quickly approaching and I cannot believe how much she has changed in the last year. Last year at this time, Sofia's head wasn't even entirely covered with hair. Now she has a full mane of curly golden locks that spring up and down when she runs up and down the sidewalk to visit her friends. She can ride her red tricycle all the way to the playground about two blocks away from our home. Sofia is growing up so fast and tells everyone, including the cashier at the Co-op, that her birthday is on August 16th.

The pictured invites (designed by me) are on their journeys to guests as I type this and Sofia's excitement for her birthday party is on the rise - so much so that she found one of her wrapped gifts while she was supposed to be taking a nap today and opened it!!!! Speaking of gifts, my husband purchased a ten pound box of blueberries, many of which we gave away to our lovely neighbors. In return my amazing-amateur-chef/baker neighbor made us the most incredible blueberry pie. Thanks Joanne!


3 comments:

Lottie Lou said...

I would like a piece of pie immediately! Just head on over with it now!

Michelle Lynn said...

Num num nummy! Ship me a slice, please! Love you!

p.s. Gorgeous invitations!

KrissiandMatt said...

How was Sofia's party? Also, that pie looks really delicious.