Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I just arrived home from ten gleeful days spent in Portland, Oregon, greeted by the arrival of fall and countless raindrops.
I love the fall weather, and the fifty-cent rubber polka-a-dotted rain boots that I found over the summer while on a thrift outing. Sofia and I made our way outside to play today (as we do every day) to splish and splash in the puddles and race boats (small twigs) in the streams of water that traveled down our road.
I am feeling quite relaxed after our Oregon vacation - that overflowed with heaps of time spent enjoying my family and eating amazing home-cooked meals that were mostly made of vegetables freshly picked from the garden. (Thanks to Nana!)
While vacationing, I took a little road trip to Eastern Oregon through Mount Hood National Forest (where we took a short detour to play in some fresh snow). We spent two nights in cold and arid Eastern Oregon on the Deschutes River, where I hiked through the desert and got to be a part of some magnificent nature.
I am grateful for the amazing trip and also glad to be home with some new inspiration for life.
Here are a few of the scenes from my travels. Enjoy!


Approaching Mount Hood.




"Nana" met some friendly horses.




This horse has some crazy eyes.





If you click on the photo, you will see that Sofia has horses on her sweater.



A wild horse in an enchanted forest.



Somewhere stunning in Eastern Oregon (I forgot the name of the town).





Intriguing Desert Flower.


Sofia at the Portland Art Museum.



Sofia picking raspberries and taunting Leeloo.



Red lanterns.



1 comment:

michelle lynn said...

Wow Jess, these photos are beautiful!