Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Saint Valentine's Day!




Often when I am feeling like I need a boost of creative energy, I sit down with piles of colorful wool roving, a small foam block and a barbed needle. The process of needle felting is simple and comes quite naturally to me. It is slow, methodical and meditative. I literally poke the wool with the special needle until it has woven its tiny fibers together creating a strong bond.

Unlike much of my life, the process of needle-felting is unhurried. One poke at a time until I’ve created something. I almost always make toys for my daughter to play with, but the creative possibilities are infinite.

In honor of Saint Valentine’s Day, I needle-felted this miniature bowl for the miniature love in my life.


1 comment:

Michelle Lynn said...

Looks like you had a fun Valentine's day!