Sunday, August 17, 2008

Farmer's Markets & Farm Shares







I have been on an approximately three week sabbatical from working with clients. I am enjoying the remaining days of summer and appreciating the harvests at the St. Paul Farmer's Market and the glorious veggies from the Fox Tail Farm Share that my neighbors very kindly gifted to me.

I have been putting my artistry to work in my kitchen and preparing simple and glorious meals for my family.

I have a great desire to share this delicious recipe with you that can be easily tailored to meet your needs.

Fresh Fish with Heirloom Tomatoes, Herbs, and Vegetables over Fresh Pasta:


Ingredients:
Fresh fish of your choice, I used fresh Turbo Fillets
Onion
Heirloom Tomatoes
Yellow Squash
Radishes
Kale
Lemon
Salt
Cilantro, Basil (Fresh Herbs of Your Choice)
Pasture-Fed Butter
Olive Oil
Soy Sauce
Package of Fresh Linguini Noodles

In one pan: Carmelize chopped onions in butter. Add fish, 1/2 squeezed lemon juice, fresh herbs and a few dashes of soy sauce. Cook for appx. 5-10 minutes (depending on the fish).


In another pan:
Saute Fresh sliced and chopped vegetables (and fruits...tomatoes) in olive oil, add a dash of salt. Begin with the most dense (thicker takes longer to cook) veggies and add the remaining according to cook time. I started with the squash and radishes, then added the tomatoes and finished with the kale. This creates an amazingly delicious sauce.

Boil pasta according to directions on package!

Place sauce over fish and pasta.

Enjoy!