Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Painting Challenge!





I have wanted to paint my home office/studio/craft room since I first moved into it over a year ago. I am finally getting around to it and finding it to be quite challenging deciding on the perfect color for the space.

The room is not tiny, but it has some space limitations. My husband and I share the space, so we have two desks, an area where I warehouse my cards, envelopes, paper and other supplies, a printing and shipping area, and a bookcase.

The space has two windows, one pictured (yes it really is that close to the floor) and another on the other side of the room. Huge cascading Oak trees in our backyard make the room cool and shady. The trees also block out much of the sunlight, so I think the room should be a lighter color.

Our office/studio/craft room used to be used as my twin sister’s bedroom. (On a side note it was so fun living together our entire lives until we were nearly 27 years old. Hurry up and get your nursing degree and come back to Minneapolis sis!) The current color is lovely color for a bedroom; however, it is entirely too relaxing for a home office/studio/craft room, so it is time for a much needed change.

Because it is a shared space, my husband and I have to agree on the color. He likes blues and green. I like pink and purple. After purchasing 11 different sample colors over the course of the week, consulting various color psychology resources, searching many interior design blogs for inspiration, three trips to Home Depot and one to Sherwin Williams, creating a mood board, and painting various colors on the walls, I may have decided upon a color. If I still like the color in the morning (fingers crossed) I may actually paint my studio space.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Men make things so hard. Galen should just let you use the color you want. Though, your brother is the same way! I cannot wait to see what color you pick!!

Michelle Lynn said...

What are you doing to my bedroom?

KrissiandMatt said...

I love that mirror!